You had so few fans that the boo birds would really stick out. I remember coming down the runway and hearing the chants 'Errey sucks!' or something like that. I couldn't give away tickets back then. The one promising thing was that if we did get last place, we'd be able to pick up this French-Canadian kid named Mario Lemieux.
Penguins player, recalling his rookie season 1983-84.
• Pittsburgh finished in first place overall just once, in 1992-93, to capture the President's Trophy.
• Pittsburgh finished in last place overall three times.
• Pittsburgh qualified for the playoffs 24 times in 43 seasons.
• The Pens won the Stanley Cup three times (1991 1992, & 2009).
• The Pens improved their point total by 47 in 2006-07, the largest single season improvement in team history.